- To document Oakland’s incredibly talented, historically slept-on scene and establish a promotional platform to uplift the city’s artists and culture keepers locally, nationally, and internationally.
- To cover Oakland’s cultural renaissance from an Oakland perspective.
- To establish an alternate media narrative which tells the real story of Oakland
- To facilitate constructive dialogue about art and its role in society.
- To facilitate community engagement and immersion in the arts.
- To further the concept of an artistic/cultural platform as an economic development initiative.
- To represent the city’s rich cultural history in the face of an influx of newcomers and gentrification.
June 25, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Hi! i work for Oaklandish and love what you guys are doing. is there a way to get in touch, directly?
July 27, 2018 at 4:42 pm
I published two blog posts about the Oakland renaissance on Planetizen. Is there any way to et my posts reprinted on on Oakulture?